Eighty miles West of Prague in the region of Czechia (formerly Czech Republic) known as Bohemia, Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad, Karlsbad) is a uniquely inviting spa town…
Ensconced in a gorgeous wooded valley straddling the Tepla River, the pedestrian-friendly atmosphere is nothing short of magical.
- Buy one of the uniquely elegant spa cups (a great souvenir and gift idea).
- Drink the hot mineral water from one of the many fountains.
- Visit the Pramen Vřídlo geyser, which spouts up to 12 meters high.
- Take the funicular to Diana Observation Tower and enjoy the scenery and forested walk back to town.
- Stroll along the river, enjoy the unique atmosphere, and just follow your instincts.
- Drink the very special coffee at Respirium Cafe, made from Becherovka and mineral water.
Love these photos! They really give you a sense of place and the everyday life there.
Thanks for checking in, Dee, and for the kind words of appreciation. It’s nice to know that someone “gets” what I try to accomplish by allowing some simple images to speak for themselves. All the best to you in travels and life.
Thanks for your post. The place is on my wish list for future trips and your article is helpful to decide about my travel.
So happy to hear it! Make sure to try the special coffee made with spa water and Becherovka at Respirium Cafe!
I will, it was inspiring to organize a trip and taste it, so I took note and surely I will try it! 🙂 thanks again